This course requires less time than the PADI Open Water Diver course, covering only the first three of five sections of knowledge development, the first three of five pool sessions, and the first two of four open water training dives, resulting in a limited certification. Particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily in the company of a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to scuba certification, consider becoming a PADI Scuba Diver in Cancun.
This certification allows for ample dive experience and is a good warm-up for the Open Water Diver course in Cancun, if that’s your ultimate goal. PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Get your PADI scuba diver certification in Cancun so you can interact with dolphins and other amazing marine life Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor to a maximum depth of 12 metres / 40 feet
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in other diving activities as long as they have the required supervision
- Continue their dive training and complete PADI Open Water Diver certification in Cancun and other courses
All the basics of scuba diving in Cancun through knowledge development, a set of scuba skills in the pool that you’ll use again during open water dives in Cancun, and an appreciation for the underwater world that will keep you coming back for more bottom time every chance you get!
During the course you’ll cover material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater in the caribbean sea.
- Staying warm underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques
- Diving environments and aquatic life you’re likely to encounter in Cancun
- Preventing common problems underwater
- An introduction to boat diving